Monday, October 30, 2006

Farm Livin' is the Life for Me

Today is an apt day to begin this record of life at Sweet Home School. The sky is blue, the birds are singing, the wasps are competing with the lady bugs for dominance, and the dogs are locked up for fear of getting shot by the neighbors (for chasing the horses), or shot by me (for shitting on the carpet).
Just in case someone besides my few friends and family ever read this, I live in an old school by this name out in the country. My brother has likened it to Egypt (the swarming vermin) and I have alternated from delight in the views and peace, to abject horror of the new life I have chosen. Coming from the city to the country has been very interesting, and considering that I have enough anecdotal happenings to amuse at least one other person than myself, I felt I could share in the blogging world.

No comments: