Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Updates

Well, we have decide it is time to adopt. I hope it will actually happen this year. I have been checking out agencies and think I know who we might choose. We are so excited. I just don't know how it is going to happen. We decide on Ethiopia, and are hoping to get 2 boys at the same time. The cost is amazing, so I have been thinking about sending out support letters. After we get a home study done, we can apply for grants, but if this will happen-only the Lord knows. We are just going to trust that it is His will for us to care for orphans, and that He can easily provide the money. It is sad that money keeps so many people from doing this when so many children need homes. I am glad that there are organizations out there who are trying to help this, but I think the entire system needs an overhaul. Maybe if enough of us try, we can make it happen.
I am really having a hard time with our kids' school situation. Since we live out so far in the country, my middle daughter rides the bus for 3 hours every day. To make it worse, the bus monitor yells at the kids and makes her life miserable. I can not take her every day because my oldest gets home before I could, and the ride would be an hour each way for me and the youngest. The situation is bad, and I don't know a way around it. She loves her school and her teacher is amazing, but I don't know if it is worth it.
My eldest daughter goes to a different school and does not seem to be getting a very good education. We were doing more advanced stuff this time last year in Kindergarten! And she tells me she has done NO science the entire year. The school is very poor and overcrowded. I know her teacher is trying very hard, but with no help, few resources and 25 first-graders, she is set up for failure. I am amazed my daughter has learned anything under the circumstances. She loves her teacher ( I would too- she is the PERFECT first-grade teacher) and likes being very social, but is this worth it either? I think we will have to go back to homeschooling next year.
My beloved is working on our wood stove AGAIN, and it is getting late. I am getting good at keeping a fire going and we can heat our whole house with the one stove. I feel like Ma Ingels and hope that E. can fix the noisy motor so we can have a snuggly fire tonight. By the way, I have to mention that the best thing I have bought in my whole life is my new flannel sheet set. I love them and look forward every night to climbing into the amazing softness. I am imagining it right now, so seeing as it is late, I am sick, and the sheets are calling, I will go.

No comments: